Cocaine is one of the most addictive, dangerous and powerful drugs to have been launched in the market. It is injected, sniffed, smoked or snorted. It is indeed not new to the market; rather it has been used for the purpose of addiction for over a century. This drug originates from cocoa leaves that have been ingested for thousands of year for the same purpose this drug is used. The cocaine after being processed so as to obtain a base for smoking is known as crack.
This drug has been known to affect the brain directly. It has several forms of effects on the individual using it. It is perhaps the second most popular drug all across the globe, with marijuana at the top.
It has been known to make an individual; energetic and euphoric. If this drug is consumed on a regular basis, eventually the amount of cocaine that is taken becomes exceedingly high. This in turn may result in violent and bizarre behavior. Over the ages, there have been a few instances where an individual has encountered death on the consumption of this drug for the first time itself. One of the most frequently asked questions is how long does cocaine stay in your system? Well, that’s exactly what this article will be focusing on.
While most individuals are bothered about how long does cocaine stay in your system, I would say that it’s not cocaine that’s long-lasting, it’s the effects of cocaine that last for long intervals and often lifetime. If you compare the short term heavenly effect that you get with the aftereffects, then it’s certainly not worth it. Especially if it is had on a daily basis. At times, this drug can stay in your body along with your hair follicle for years.
There are numerous individuals, rather it would be correct to say that every individual who has cocaine on a daily basis says that he or she can stay without it and can quit at any point of time. However, that’s generally not the case. Cocaine is one of the most addictive drugs and only 1 out of 10 individuals have the capability of to quit at any point of time. Its effect of stimulation on the brain of an individual is extremely fast and high. This is what makes this drug one of the most in demand drugs in the market today.
Moving on to the question
Depending on the method in which the drug is administered, its effects are quick and disappear in no time provided it is not used any further. This drug eventually makes its way through the system of an individual.
However, with a proper rate of consumption of fluid, water to be precise, the drug gets diluted and is eventually driven out of the body of an individual. After a single consumption, the traces of this drug remain in the urine of an individual for about 2 to 4 days. The drug stays in the blood stream of an individual for a maximum of 72 hours from the last point of intake. However, you may find its traces for about 6 weeks in your urine.
The major problem with this drug is that it is extremely addictive and as the rate of consumption of this drug increases, the body of an individual develops a tolerance for this drug and as a result the amount of cocaine an individual needs in order to match the high that he or she used to be in the initial stages increases.
On crossing a certain dose of this drug depending on the tolerance of an individual, an individual can turn violent or go absolutely bizarre or wild. So, you can see that the question “how long does cocaine stay in your system?” is no longer that important. I guess, you can now clearly understand why.
It also has an adverse effect on the central nervous system of an individual, the brain to be precise. Certain effects of this drug are irreversible and uncalled for! If results in a huge spike in the blood pressure of an individual which in turn results in the constricting of the blood vessels in the body of an individual. Listed below are a handful of dangerous consequences that one can come across on consuming this drug on a daily basis:
- One of the major reason why individuals consuming cocaine face death is heart attack which is caused by a drastic increase in the blood pressure of an individual.
- Stroke is another very common phenomenon that causes death.
- Seizures, another major consequence of this drug that is extremely fatal.
- Failure of the respiratory system of an individual often results due to excessive consumption of cocaine.
- Insomnia is one of the instantaneous effects of consumption of this drug which often ends up being a long term effect as well.
- The drug makes an individual extremely hyperactive and thus results in extreme restlessness.
Traces of cocaine in the urine of an individual
How long does cocaine stay in your system? Well, as long as traces are available in your urine, it is present in your system. Under normal circumstances, the cocaine stay in your urine for about 6 weeks, i.e., traces of urine in your urine are detectable for this period of time.
Factors that affect the amount of cocaine in an individual’s urine
There are several factors that affect the amount of cocaine in the urine of an individual. Some of these factors have been mentioned below:
- The first and foremost factor is the amount of cocaine an individual consumes.
- The frequency in which an individual takes cocaine. As the frequency increases, the tolerance level of an individual also increases and in turn the amount of cocaine to match the original high also increases.
- Strength of the cocaine used is another major factor.
- The age and sex of an individual determine the tolerance level of an individual under most circumstances. These they must be considered as well.
- The present health conditions of the individual having the cocaine.