Meth is crystalline powder and is bitter in taste. Meth is a drug that controls the central nervous system. Earlier meth was used in medications and in weight loss treatments in smaller quantities. But if it is used in large quantities then it can damage the system and also leads to death. It is very addictive that the person who takes meth gets addicted to meth drug form the very first time it is taken. Meth is the nickname of Methamphetamine. Meth is a stimulant which is powerful and is also well known as chalk, crystal, ice and methamphetamine and many other terms. Meth takes form of odorless, white powder which easily gets dissolved into alcohol and also in water. It is a bitter tasting crystalline powder.
How meth is used?
Meth was introduced in the 20th century from its parent drug amphetamine and it was used for the nasal decongestants and bronchial inhalers. Meth results into talkativeness and also increases activities like decrease in appetite and affects the body in many other ways. Meth creates a false feeling of energy and well being for the person who is taking the drug. Meth is a more potent stimulant than amphetamine and has very harmful effects. It directly affects the nervous system. So it is said that meth has more potential than any other drug and it affects the nervous system directly. Other than medical terms it is illegally used in smoking, snorting, in form of injections and also swallowed as a drug.
Factors deciding period for which meth stays?
Many people want to know that how long meth stays in the system. In fact there is no specific answer to the question as it depends on many others factors and it remains for different period of time in different parts of the body. Factors like age and physiological conditions are considered which decides the time for which the meth stays in system. The factors on which the period of meth is decided are listed below.
- Amount of meth taken – There are different people and they consume the drug in different quantities. The amount of meth taken directly affects the duration of meth in the body. The more amount of meth is consumed then more time it stays in the body and fewer amounts are consumed then it stays for small period of time. When meth is taken in large quantities then it takes longer time to eliminate from the body. The consumption by the user is considered. The more amount of meth is consumed it will stay for more time in the system.
- Frequency – The frequency that you take the meth drug is also important. If the meth drug is take continuously then it will not be able to get out of the body but if the drug is taken in less frequency then there are chances of getting rid of it fast. Too much intake f drug will never let the drug go out of the body.
- Metabolic rate – The metabolic rate is the rate at which the body is able to metabolize the fluid coming in the system. The metabolic rate chances the time for which the meth will remain in the body. A person who has fast metabolic rate will be able to get rid of the meth as the body will metabolize all the drugs and fluids from the body. If the person has slower metabolism rate then it will result into meth staying for longer period in the system.
- Method to ingest – It is important to understand the method used to take the meth drug. The amount of time for which the meth drug remains in body is also dependent on the way it is taken and the tolerance level of the person. If meth is snorted then it remains for 4 days in the system. If it is taken in form of smoking then it will remains for longer time usually 4 to 5 days. If crystal meth is used intravenously then it will remains for 72 hours in the system.
- Tolerance level – different people have different tolerance level and it depends on the person how much he is able to tolerate the meth drug. If the person is using the meth fro quite longer time then the person will have a higher tolerance level and the meth will remain in the body for a longer period. The weight, health and age of the person decide the metabolic rate of that person.
So there are different factors like age, physiological factors, frequency, amount of meth taken, and way of ingestion which will decide the period of time for which the meth drug will remain in the system. The detectable amount of meth will differ in various testing techniques and different person. In general some periods are decided for which the meth drug will remain in the system. It remains for 3 to 5 days in the urine and when tested it becomes detectable after 3 to 5 hours of taking meth. Meth can also be detected in blood. Te meth in blood depends on the way used for ingestion. In general it remains for 1 to 3 days in the blood and after that it starts eliminating from the blood. The meth in blood can be detected after 2 hours of taking meth. Meth can also be detected from saliva test. The meth stays for 4 days in the saliva and it can detect in test of saliva after 10 minutes of taking the drug. Meth can also be detected in hair. Meth can be detected from hair after 90 days of using the meth drug.
Meth is highly addictive and affects the body as it controls the nervous system. Meth causes severe damage to the system. It causes short term and long term dame to the system. Sometime high intake of meth can also lead to death of the person. The meth produces the effect of rush in the person and it creates a false feeling of energy and well being in the person and takes the person away from the real world.