The effect of marijuana gets fade away after sometimes, but the chemical that it emits known as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) remains inside the system and stays there for more than a week. Some tetra-hydrocannabinol (THC) chemical eliminates half-life for 20 hours while other metabolites get stored in the body fat and eliminates half-life for 10 to 15 days. It depends on the weight of the person, how often he uses to take the drug and for how long he takes it.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana refers to the dried leaves, flowers, seeds and stems of the plant known as Cannabis Sativa. It is most commonly used in the United States and many other countries. It is commonly used by young people, and it has become legal in many countries.
Side- Effect of Marijuana
The effects of marijuana are of two types i.e. Short term effect and long-term effect:
- It affects the brain by short-term memory loss.
- Distorted perception.
- Mouth gets dried up, and eyes are red for a minimal time.
- Gets into depression and anxiety.
- Reaction time gets slow.
- Increases heart beat.
- If taken continuously for a long period then it affects the brain and body.
- Disorder in growth
- Decreasing sex life of a person
- Decreasing motivation and male sex hormones.
- Mood swings become a common thing.
- Reduced the immunity level of a person.
Residue present in blood and blood test
The most common way of taking marijuana is by smoking, and it is also the fastest way of taking in THC. The chemical is immediately found in the blood after the first inhale of marijuana, with blood level reaching its peak at around 9.0 min into smoking just before the patient took his last puff i.e. 9.8 min.
While some people try to control the way they inhale it but within 15 mins. The blood drops to 60% at the peak after the last inhale and within 30 mins. It drops to about 20% that shows that after around 2 hours the THC level reaches five ng/ml. It takes around 3 to 12 hours for the chemical to drop below the detection limit of the blood for non-regular smokers and it takes around 6 to 27 hours for regular smokers.
Blood test for detection of marijuana:
- Difficult to get the result because these tests are less frequently used.
- Its detection level is narrow, which is tough to detect any active metabolites in the blood.
- High THC in blood denotes that the person took marijuana recently.
- These tests are mostly used in accidents and rash driving in which they can detect that the person has recently taken drugs or not.
Thus, the effect of marijuana does not stay for long in the blood but it causes a lot of short terms and long term effects that might affect the life of a person. It is legal in countries because if taken properly it helps in medical uses and benefits the patients.